Introduction to the Armasight Zeus-Pro 640 2-16×50
Armasight makes the best night vision and thermal imaging products available in the United States. The Armasight Zeus-Pro 640 2-16X50, in particular, has superior performance, easy-to-use controls even in total darkness, and excellent battery life. It’s a top-of-the-line thermal rifle scope that will give you your money’s worth.
Here’s a quick summary of the pros and cons for those who want the bottom line:
- Excellent thermal imaging qualities, even at long distances
- Variety of thermal imaging color settings
- Highly useful for tracking, surveillance, hunting, search and rescue
- Straightforward menu with simple navigation and customized settings
- Easy to mount and sight
- Can be used in any weather condition
- Can see through fog, haze, smoke and dust
- DVR for recording videos and taking photos
- Bluetooth capabilities and Armasight apps available for smartphones
The Armasight Zeus Pro showcases the pinnacle of Armasight’s best and latest advancements in uncooled thermal imaging technology, meant for law enforcement, military units and professional hunters. The scope reflects Armasight’s 20/50 design gold standard; its aluminum alloy housing is capable of being immersed in 20 meters of water for two hours, enabling it for use during heavy rains without suffering any damage. It can also withstand .50 BMG shock and recoil, giving it the ability to stand up to the hardiest battle conditions, even rapid firing in hostile environments.
The Zeus Pro can be mounted easily, making sighting simple, even in the dark. Thermal imaging can be used in daylight, but it works best at night. The Zeus Pro turns on quickly and flawlessly, and opens with different color palettes available, as well as reticles that users can select. The “black hot” and “white hot” palette seem to be the favorite among Zeus Pro users because both reduce background clutter while clearly identifying and defining a target. A word of caution, however: while the color palettes are fun to play with, since they show a myriad of rainbow hues, the colors might be overwhelming and flood the senses when used in high-stress situations or instances where you have to be quick in sighting and scanning the field.
One of the highlights of the Zeus Pro is the use of FLIR Tau-2 technology and professional, military-grade germanium objective lenses. These options offer a wider variety of optical magnifications and range performance capabilities to choose from. This means you get better clarity at longer distances. Thermal imaging can pick up on movements from far away, making shooting a better and more accurate experience.
The Zeus Pro is relatively light and compact, the weight not exceptionally noticeable when you’re walking around with it mounted on your rifle. It’s a scope that doesn’t get in the way and handles sighting without any awkwardness. Those who have night vision gear and use thermal imaging when they shoot will love this device; you truly get what you pay for.
First-time users of night vision or thermal imaging accessories – actually, first time users of any kind of scope or sights – will find the Zeus Pro very user-friendly. Just install the batteries, switch it on and look through it, and you’ll be impressed right away. The user manual is easy to follow, so manipulating the zoom and the palettes are practically no-brainers. There are more detailed specifications, like ballistic drop reticules and an electronic compass and inclinometer, that beginners will eventually get comfortable with for better range estimates and target orientation, but basic use of the Zeus Pro is fairly intuitive.
The five-button remote has controls that attach to any Picatinny rail, allowing you to control the scope with hardly any effort and without having to remove your hands from the gun. This is especially useful for law enforcement and military units who require a free hand as much as possible, but is also excellent for hunters who don’t have the time to fiddle around with the settings on their sight in the middle of activity.
In addition, the scope has a quick-release Picatinny mount; other accessories can be used on its short Picatinny rail on the right side. The Zeus Pro also comes with a protective objective lens cap, long eye relief and a rubber winged eye guard to complete the package.
The scope is equipped with an Armsight DVR so you can record your footage and take still photos. The DVR is fairly simple to operate, as long as you insert the cable correctly, and has a remote for accessing menu settings and using the DVR. It can even be attached to the Zeus Pro rail for a steady and secure mount – any footage you take comes out clear. There are options for scheduled record times, motion detection and recording, as well as manual settings for complete user-control. You can view your videos on an external monitor using the VGA video output port.
Armasight has also put a new, dual battery option in the Zeus Pro to enable users multiple powering options. This consists of either four 3.0VDC 123A batteries (all pointed in the same direction to avoid confusion) or four 1.5VDC AA batteries that can be loaded in a cartridge. When absolutely necessary, one single 123A 3.0VDC battery can run the scope for an hour.
Armasight has released free mobile apps for Android and iOS that allow you to locate your position, as well as aim direction. It also enables you to pinpoint geocoordinates when using Armasight’s optional clip-on rangefinder that uses both terrain and satellite maps that show up on your smartphone. The apps allow you to change your settings using your phone in a simple graphic presentation, normally something only the wireless remote can do. The apps can also show battery capacity, shot counter, target direction and orientation, geotagging coordinates, elevation and a digital compass. Android users have the added benefit of importing Kestrel 4500 series weather station data for full-on, unimpeded hunting and shooting.
The Armasight Zeus-Po Thermal Weapon Sight provides an incredible, high-performance experience with excellent image quality, proving that it is a good investment for anyone with an interest in night vision accessories or intends to use thermal imaging frequently.
This scope is strictly not for export without a license from the US Department of State, office of Defense Trade Controls.
Available From TacticalSupplies.Net and Amazon.com
- Magnification 8x – 16x
- Refresh Rate 60 Hz
- Objective Lens Type Germanium
- Type of Focal Plane Array FLIR Tau 2
- Pixel Array Format 640×512
- Pixel Size 17 micron
- Display Type AMOLED SVGA 060
- Pixel Display Format 800×600
- Pixel Size 17 micron
- Display Type AMOLED SVGA 060
- Pixel Display Format 800×600
- Objective Focal Length 50mm
- Objective F-number 1:1.4
- Focusing Range 5 m to inf.
- Battery 4 each 123A 3.0VDC or 4 each AA 1.5VDC
- Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F) > 6 hr (optional up to 14 hours)
- External Power Supply Optional Extended Battery Pack with rechargeable batteries (up to 8 hours) or 6 VDC/ 1А external power source
- Operating Temperature -51 to +57°C (-59 to +134°F)
- Storage Temperature -57 to +85°C (-70 to +185°F)
- Dimensions, mm/in 197x76x76 / 7.5×3.0x3.0
- Weight 0.95 kg / 2.0 lbs
- 24/7 Operation in presence of environmental obscurants (smoke, dust, haze and fog)
- Superior engineering and design from inception to Armasight’s 20/50 standard
- Rugged MIL-STD-810 compliant performance
- Operates on 123A or AA batteries
- Reliable quick-release locking weapon mount
- Objective Germanium Lens Options
- TAU-2 17 micron Pitch Thermal Sensor
- SVGA 800×600 OLED Display
- Long eye-relief eyepiece lens
- Digital Compass
- Digital Inclinometer
- Battery Status Indicator
- Multiple User Selectable Ballistic and Quick Acquisition Reticules
- Selectable Reticule Color
- Selectable Palettes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Sepia/ OEM Custom/ Other Color Variants
- Imaging Filter Algorithms:
– Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE)
– Smart Scene Optimization (SSO)
– Information Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction (SSN)
- Wireless 5-button Remote
- Tracking Digital e-Zoom: 2x, 4x and 8x
- Still Picture and Video Recording Capability (Mounted DVR Option)
- Made In the USA