Introduction to the Armasight Zeus 336 3-12×42
The best thermal imaging scopes combine quality construction, excellent design and advanced technology. The Armasight Zeus 336 3-12×42 is all of that and more. Designed for the most avid gun enthusiast, as well as military and law enforcement personnel, this Zeus 336 3-12×42 is a thermal imager that can be used for a number of purposes.
- Easy to mount and dismount on Picatinny rail
- Easy to sight, comfortable to use
- Straightforward menu with simple navigation and customized settings
- Compact and lightweight
- Can be used in any weather condition
- Can see through fog, haze, smoke and dust
- Great for pros and beginners alike
Featuring an uncooled FLIR Tau 2 thermal detector that captures clear images, this Zeus sight has the necessary technology for close- and mid-range tactical operations, real-time surveillance and intelligence gathering. It also provides plenty of great functions for hunting. It can cut through snow, dust, fog and other problems with visibility by using heat signatures to create images instead of relying solely on available light. This makes it an ideal tool for both day and night use.
The Zeus 3 thermal imaging sight has a range of image adjustment functions that can be used to optimized the images. There are 13 color palette options for you to choose from, including black and white. The color palettes show images according to how you want to see them, such as red for extremely hot targets. The “white hot” and “black hot” options show hot items only in black or white. There are six reticle patterns to pick from, as well, and the reticle’s aiming point can be adjusted in 1.3 MOA increments.
Encased in a shock-proof, ergonomic aluminum housing filled with nitrogen to make it waterproof and fog-proof, the Zeus 3 was made to withstand the most hostile environments and can be submerged up to 10 meters of water for 30 minutes. Compact and lightweight, the Zeus 3 has a Picatinny mount for easy attachment onto your rifle, with weaver rails for support.
The scope has an AMOLED SVGA060 display and is fixed with a FLIR Tau 2 Focal Plane Array microbolometer detector with a 336×256 IP resolution that gives clear, good quality thermal images. The brightness levels on the display screen can be adjusted to eight levels and there are several zoom options for honing in on a target.
The controls on the scope are intuitive and easy to understand. Different functions and features can be manipulated using direct button adjustments. A wireless remote allows you to activate the Zeus 3 without taking your hands off the gun, and a video-out capability lets you record videos.
Windage and elevation adjustments are easy with this sight, ensuring precise shooting. The Zeus 3 is also very easy to sight, equipped with an objective focal length of 42mm and a wide field of view for a more extensive scope. The lens is adjusted manually, and the controls are located on the top of the scope, making adjustments while shooting fairly simple.
There is a Picatinny rail on the sight that lets you attach other accessories on it, like lasers. Included with the Zeus 3 scope is a wireless remote control, a dedicated mount and batteries. It runs on dual 3V batteries and can be used for up to four hours.
Available From TacticalSupplies.Net
The Zeus 3 is similar to other models in the Zeus range of sights, delivering high quality images and an excellent thermal imaging performance. It is an affordable sight for the features and quality, especially compared to Armasight’s higher-end Zeus units. It’s a great scope for beginners who want to see how effective and useful thermal imaging can be, and also for pros who don’t want to go overboard on their budget for a superior thermal imaging device.
- Magnification 3x – 12x
- Objective Lens Type Germanium
- Type of Focal Plane Array FLIR Tau 2
- Pixel Array Format 336×256
- Pixel Size 17 μm
- Resolution 0.40
- Refresh Rate 30 Hz
- Turn-on Time, max 3 sec
- Digital Zoom 1x, 2x and 4x
- Image Palettes White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain and Custom
- Reticle Type 6-Pattern Digitally Controlled: “Dot 4 MOA,” “Line Dot,” “Cross Center Dot,” “Cross,” “Crosshair” and “No Reticle”
- Reticle Color Black, White, Red and Cyan
- Lens System 42mm; F/1.0
- Analog Input and Output Format PAL / NTSC
- Field of View – ang. (X / Y) 7.8 degrees / 5.9 degrees
- Exit Pupil Diameter 10 mm
- Eye Relief 45 mm
- Focusing Range 5m to infinity
- Diopter Adjustment Manual
- Diopter Adjustment Range ±5 diopter
- Battery Two CR 123A (2×3V)
- Operating Temperature -40 to +57°C (-40 to +134°F)
- Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F) up to 4 hr
- Storage Temperature -50 to +85°C (-58 to +185°F)
- Dimensions (mm/in) 194×68×78 / 7.6×2.7×3.1
- Weight (kg/lbs) 0.7 / 1.5
- 3 Year Warranty
- Lightest and most compact scope in its class
- User-Selectable NTS C or PAL format
- Easy and Intuitive Drop-down user interface
- Digital E-Zoom: 1x, 2x and 4x
- Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color modes
- 6 onboard digitally controlled reticle patterns available: “Dot 4 MOA,” “Line Dot,” “Cross-Center Dot,” “Cross,” “Crosshair” and “No Reticle”
- Recording: Video Output /Optional Video Recorder with onboard replay
- Wireless remote control for tactical operations
- Water and fog resistant
- CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Rapid start-up
- MIL -STD-1913 (Picatinny Rail) Quick Release Mount
- Integral MIL-STD-1913 Rails on unit for optional day optics or accessories
- Shuttered eye guard to prevent facial display backslash and maintain light security
- Made in USA
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-year warranty on FLIR detector